Wednesday, June 20, 2012

summer 2012 playlist

im sooooo excited for summer ! pretty much driving across canada in a 1980s motorhome, so i figured i better get some good tunes for entertainment.
i recently saw the maine, lydia and the arkells (pioneer world tour 2012) @ the starlite room live. it ws honestly the best night of my life, so pretty much every single one of there tracks made it on to my summer playlist. i've also been loving noah and the whale, arctic monkeys, and naked and amous which is a band my friend Faiza showed me. i found this website called lastfm.com , and you make a profile, with all of the artists/bands that you love, and they give you basically like a newsfeed of artsits that are similair to ones that you listed , and others that are popular. this website helped alot and added a couple bands ive never heard of, or never took the time to listen to. my favorite find off lastfm.com was of monsters and men, and also pierce the veil. of monsters and men honestly makes me want to cry, there lyrics are deliciousss and the overall tune just sets me at ease. the two other bands ive currently become obsessed with and will be dominating my summer playist are Gotye and fun. these two are a bit more mainstream, with there chart songs "somebody that i usede to know" and "we are young" , but i have taken the time to listen to the other songs off there albums and they are amazing. particularily, songs by fun. such as somenights (also the title of there newest album) and all alright , two of my faves, will be on replay all summer !

No comments:

Post a Comment