Saturday, June 30, 2012

birthday bloggin' !!

i havent posted in a while  ! mostly because i didnt want to ramble about nothing ! but now that something eventful has finally happened in my life i can write all about it :) yesterday (friday jue 29th ) was my 17th birthday! it was quite a day! pretty much everyone i know was busy, so i called my cousin and desperately begged her to come over for a birthday breakfast. we had waffles and orange juice and laughed about her twin brothers newly discovered fascination with orange toned cover up. apparently someone forgot to tell him that makeup is for girls, and orange is definitely not his colour. ( dont worry, hes not a cross dresses, just a pre-pubescent boy embarassed about his facefull of freckles) after what seemed like months my mom came home from work suprising me with my favorite chocolate  cupcakes :) then it was time for the moment of truth, my birthday gift. i dig through the tissue paper and what do i find ? not much , just the parker glitz micheal kors watch i have wanted for like 2 years. after i hyperventilated and dried up my tears and drool,  looked in the mirror and decided i should yet again try and pretend like i care about my appearance. Fast forward to 7pm, my favorite dad in the world shows up with balloons , and dinner reservation @ 7:30. and yes, he gets bonus points for the fact that one of the balloons was pink , and had fur. after a dinner with the gang at joeys , and a waitress-in-training, i was finally allowed to open my gifts. first up was from my brother, the new red hot chili peppers cd :) then cam the gift from my father. i open the purple envelope labelled kiddo, a nickname ive had since i was born, and what do i find ? a beautiful card talking about all types of daughters and how im the best, and even better, the card is filled with picture of CATS. yes, CATS. after the whole table died of hysteria and laughter, i stuffed the card into the envelope and moved on the the gift. 30 dollars for itunes , which will put a nice dent in my playlist for the road trip ! and a visa giftcard, because i want everything and my dad couldnt choose. next came my gift from the rest of the gang, ryleah janet and terrah. there card was much better, probably because there was no cat references. first i pull out the lifeislife cd by noah and the whale. another dent in my summer playlist ! if nothing else the soundtrack for this roadtrip wqill be an a plus. then i take out the tissue paper to reveal a smash book, in the eco design. i am soo happy about that, i was actually going to by myself one , and had jjust asked for some accesories, but the book takes the cake. after a delcious dinner  ( chicken soulvaki for me !) we headed over to marble slab for dessert! i of course thought it was only suiting to get birthday cake ice cream, with rasberries and brownie bits. and it waas delicious. after that we headed home and after a quick jump on the trampoline i headed to bed. i had a really great birthday , it was everything i assked for and more ! cant wait for more to come, suaree with a couple of friends tonight, and family part-ay tomorrow :) hope your day was as good as mine ! cheers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment